Knitting 101: How to start knitting for beginners?
It's pretty simple to start knitting because all you need is two skewers and a ball of yarn.
According to the project, you will learn, the selection of patterns, yarns, and skewers is important.
Let's take a short look at the yarn and skewers.
Knitting Supplies for Beginners: Yarns
All yarns have different textures and properties and will greatly affect the look and feel of the finished project. For example; wool is flexible and durable, alpaca soft and natural, like synthetic blends resistant…
Yarns are produced from natural and synthetic materials. Natural yarns are produced from animal and vegetable and synthetic yarns are usually made of acrylic, but there are also polyester and nylon doped ones.
Yarns with Natural Ingradients
- Perfect for winter wear.
- It holds good paint and has a soft texture.
- Insulation property is very good.
- The surface does not dull.
- Wool is the best yarn that can be used.
- Lamb's wool is soft.
- Moher or Angora forms soft and fluffy braids.
- Alpaca is one of the warmest, soft and luxurious wools.
- Shetland wool is available in many colors for traditional knits.
- Knitting silk yarn is a beautiful luxurious yarn, producing soft, light garments.
- Cashmere is an expensive yarn, soft, light and flashy.
Yarns from plants
- Vegetable wools are mostly used for summer clothes because they keep cool.
Cotton yarn, cotton threads that are not a flexible rope look very good on openwork knits. Keeps cool, used for summer knitting.
Linen Yarn is a more durable fiber than cotton and is particularly suitable for summer use because of its cool retention. It has no flexibility.
Bamboo Yarn is a yarn that does not stretch like cotton yarn. But it is brighter and softer than wool and cotton. It is easy to knit.
Knitting Supplies for Beginners: Knitting Needle
Knitting needles are of many types in terms of material, size, and variety.
They are spikes with one end and a knob on the other. They are used as pairs. Short flat skewers are best for small projects. Longer skewers are recommended for larger projects such as blankets. If you are new to knitting, it is best to start with long, straight skewers.
Socks Needle (Five skewers or Double Sided Skewers)
It is used in four or five sets and both ends are pointed. A seamless, seamless knit is obtained.
These are flat skewers connected by a flexible plastic cable. The cord can be of many different lengths from 30-152 cm. It is important that you choose a suitable size for your project.
According to the material used; plastic, metal or wooden skewers
Each one has its own characteristics.
Strong and non-bending metal skewers are good for all types of yarn, especially wool, wool blends, and acrylic. It is more slippery and provides faster knitting than other materials. For experienced knitters. For beginners, the risk of losing stitches is high. Metal skewers larger than 8 mm in diameter can be heavy and difficult to work with.
Light and flexible, plastic skewers can be used with all kinds of yarns. The smooth surface of plastic skewers allows the stitches to move slightly, but not as fast as metal skewers; thus reducing the risk of slipping from the bottle. It can be used easily for beginners. Large skewers are mostly made of plastic to reduce their weight.
Bamboo skewers are lighter than metal skewers. Bamboo has a light grip that helps to hold stitches at regular intervals by creating a regular weave. This also minimizes the risk of slipping from the tip of the spit and makes them the perfect choice for beginners. Bamboo skewers are recommended for arthritis patients, they warm up by hand and can be bent slightly to match the curvature of the hand.
Knitting Supplies for Beginners: Knitting Aids.
- As the knitting lirogresses, auxiliary materials will be required.
- Skewer gauge to measure the skewer number.
- To cut the thread, use small scissors.
- Talie measure to control the size of garments, small ruler for small measurements
- Looli holder to hold loolis not working
- Large lierforated, blunt-nosed needle for sewing liarts together
- For gralihing lialier, garment shalies and loolis
- Sequence counter to follow the knitted sequence